The objective of BIUJPPL is to publish up-to-date, high quality and original research papers alongside case and book reviews on issues of legal and academic relevance in Nigeria. The journal is, also, an effort to sustain our scholarly contribution to contemporary issues of importance to the legal profession and the society. The BIUJPPL recognizes the importance of diverse areas of law to the body of legal knowledge. Hence, we have an excellent array of authors presenting different and related perspectives on contemporary issues of law.
- Access to the Sea by Landlocked States: An Examination of the Relevant Rules in International Law
A. K. Anya & N.J. Madubuike-Ekwe
- Contemporary Judicial Interpretation of Oil Drilling contracts in Disputes Between Parties Engaged in the Nigerian Offshore Exploration and Production sector
Olumide K. Obayemi & Kelly A. Agbonze
- The Remuneration System and Promotion Possibilities of Judges in Nigeria.
Akpoghome Theresa U. & T.C. Nwano
- Enhancing Access to Essential Medicines: Examining Patents and the TRIPS Agreement From a Public Welfare Perspective
Jennifer Heaven Mike
- Exemptions to the Right of Access to Information under the Freedom of Information Act: A Protective firewall or an unnecessary barrier?
Victor O. Ayeni
- Offshore Jurisdiction Dichotomy in Nigeria Vis-à-vis A Comparative Analysis of Other Federal States
Omolade Oniyinde, Taiye Joshua Omidoyin & Oluwapelumi Odunayo Osadola
- The Relationship between International Humanitarian Law and International Human rights Law in the Protection of Lives during Armed Conflicts: An Appraisal
- The Burden and Standard of Proof in Electoral Cases in Nigeria: Need for a Paradigm Shift
Samuel I. Akpan
- Widening the Frontiers of the definition of Rape in Nigeria: A Comparative analysis of Selected Jurisdictions
Oniha, Osato Mabel
10. An Examination of Domestic Violence and Legal Remedies in Nigeria
Kingsley Osinachi N. Onu & Okoro Chiamaka
11. Ownership Claims in Outer Space
Olatinwo Khafayat Yetunde
12. Rules Governing Evidence of Official and Priviledged Communications under the Evidence Act, 2011(as amended): A Cathedral View
Olayinka Silas Akinwumi & Kyrian Etiang Omang
13. Adolescents’ Sexual Health in Nigeria: The Case for Sexuality Education for adolescent Girl Child
14. The Role of Trade Unions in the Capitalization and Stabilization of Workers in Nigeria
15. Polluters’ Liability/Victims’ Remedies: Assessing the Quantum of Compensation for Environmental Pollution in Nigeria.